Zucchini Noodle Carbonara is a healthier take on traditional carbonara. The flavors are just as delicious, it’s simple to prepare, and you’re going to love it! Get the recipe below, including vegan substitutions. Mangia!
1/3 cup cashews
2 2/3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (divided)
10 2/3 oz chicken breast (cubed)
5 1/3 slices of organic bacon, cooked (chopped)
2/3 white onion (diced)
1 1/3 cups mushrooms (sliced)
2 2/3 zucchini (medium, spiraled into noodles)
2 2/3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 1/3 garlic (clove, minced)
1 1/3 tbsp arrowroot powder
1 1/3 tsp sea salt
1 1/3 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- Boil enough water to cover the cashews. Pour the water over the cashews and allow them to soak while you prepare the meat.
- In a pan over medium heat, add half of the oil. Once heated, add the chicken breast and bacon and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Discard the fat and set the bacon and chicken aside.
- To the same pan, add the remaining oil, along with the onions and mushrooms. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- While the mushrooms and onions are cooking, prepare the sauce. Drain the cashews and add them to a blender along with the nutritional yeast, almond milk, garlic, arrowroot powder and sea salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- In the same pan as the onions and mushrooms, add the zucchini noodles,
chopped chicken and bacon. Pour the sauce into the pan and mix well to
combine. Keep everything in the pan until it is warmed through.
- Divide between bowls and top with fresh parsley.
- Enjoy your Zucchini Noodle Carbonara
Notes for Zucchini Noodle Carbonara
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More flavor: Season with black pepper or chili flakes.
Make it vegan: Substitute cauliflower for chicken and tofu bacon for bacon.
Private Physicians Medical Associates (PPMA) knows that healthy changes require healthy knowledge. In that light, we are pleased to share health news and information, including healthy recipes, with our patients and guests. We invite you to browse our blog.