Simple Spinach Sauté is the perfect side for any meal. You even can add it to egg dishes and others for a healthy zap of goodness. Easy to prepare and oh-so-delicious, your whole body will be delighted! Why? Because spinach provides essential vitamins and minerals that our bodies need, like vitamins A, C, K1, folic acids, calcium, and iron. Studies have shown that spinach helps keep blood sugar levels stable, and, since it’s 91% water, spinach can help with blood flow and more!
Simple Spinach Sauté
Total time: 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 20 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until beginning to brown, around 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and toss to coat.
- Cover and cook until wilted, around 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add lemon juice, salt, and crushed red pepper.
- Toss to coat, serve immediately, and enjoy!
Private Physicians Medical Associates (PPMA) knows that healthy changes require healthy knowledge. In that light, we are pleased to share health news and information, including healthy recipes, with our patients and guests. We invite you to browse our blog.