● One (1) bread loaf pan
● Two (2) medium mixing bowls
● 1 2/3 cups Ground Flax Seed
● 2 ⅓ tsp Baking Powder
● 2/3 tsp Sea Salt
● 5 Eggs (room temp)
● 1/3 cup Water (room temp)
● 1/4 cup Avocado Oil
● ¼ cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt or cream cheese
● 8 slices lox salmon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the inside of a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together flax, baking powder, and sea salt.
- In another bowl, beat eggs with a whisk for 30 – 60 seconds. Add water and avocado oil, mixing until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined. Let the batter sit for 1-2 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spoon. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until the top feels set and the loaf is browned.
- Once cooked, let cool slightly. Once cooled, slice into 8 pieces.
- Top with 1 tbsp smear of yogurt per slice.
- Then add 2 pieces of salmon lox on top of yogurt. Option to add dill or any spices you wish for additional flavor. Serve!