If you’re looking for a healthy, yummy, and simple recipe for dinner, look no further! You can prep ahead of time, and the flavors blend perfectly. Bonus points: Pesto Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free & Whole 30. Hello, simple yet delicious dinner!
Pesto Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Total time 1 hour
- Serves 4
1/4 cup cashews
4 sweet potatoes (small)
8 oz chicken breast
1 cup baby spinach
1/3 cup basil leaves
1 garlic clove (minced)
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Boil enough water to cover the cashews. Pour the water over the cashews and allow them to soak while you prepare the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 ℉. Place sweet potatoes & the chicken on a baking sheet. Cook 40 – 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While potatoes and chicken cook, make your pesto. Drain the cashews and place them in a blender or food processor along with the spinach, basil, garlic, olive oil, sea salt and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth.
- Once the chicken and sweet potatoes are cooked through, remove from the oven and place the chicken into a small bowl. With two forks, shred the chicken until completely pulled. Add the pesto to the chicken and mix together until evenly combined.
- Stuff each sweet potato with the shredded chicken. Enjoy!
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
Serving size: One serving equals one stuffed sweet potato.
Private Physicians Medical Associates (PPMA) knows that healthy changes require healthy knowledge. In that light, we are pleased to share health news and information, including healthy recipes, with our patients and guests. We invite you to browse our blog.