Nacho Casserole is a hearty meal, perfect for the family, a potluck, or wherever hungry people are gathered. This healthy Nacho Casserole recipe is zesty and filling – a true crowd favorite.
Total time: ~45 minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (good quality)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Optional toppings: cilantro, avocado, sliced jalapeno, olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat coconut oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add ground beef and sea salt, and sauté for 5-10 minutes until cooked through, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and drain the fat.
- Stir in salsa, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cheese.
- Add whisked eggs and stir together until mixed.
- Top evenly with crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with any additional toppings you like before serving.
*Note: We used Siete Foods tortilla chips, but you can also use corn chips if you’re not strict paleo.