Mango Chia Pudding is as versatile as it is healthy and delicious. It makes a great breakfast, a super snack, and a healthy, beautiful dessert. Because you can make it ahead of time and refrigerate it until you want to eat it, Mango Chia Pudding can easily be your pre-made breakfast.
With just 5 ingredients, this powerhouse of superfood pudding is a complete protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids, courtesy of the chia seeds. Because our bodies don’t make amino acids, they must come from food – like chia seeds. Chia seeds are high in beneficial omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium.
The mango brings a sweet, juicy punch of 25% daily value (DV) of vitamin A and 76% DV of vitamin C, plus 257 mg of potassium. Potassium is a mineral that helps your cells work properly, helping to make the electricity that lets them do their jobs. Your nerves and muscles, including your heart, might not work properly if you don’t get enough.
Mango Chia Pudding Recipe
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Chill time: 30 mins
- Total time: 40 mins
- Serves 4
- 4 cups mango (2 large mangoes or frozen )
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ⅛ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Toppings, as you wish and to taste: mint leaves, berries, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and coconut (toasted coconut is the bomb!). Add your own touch!
Directions – Mango Chia Pudding
- Peel the mango and cut it into cubes
- Set half of the cubed mango aside for the very end and place the other half into a blender, blending until smooth
- Add all ingredients (except set-aside mango) to a large bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Put the bowl in the refrigerator to sit for about 30 minutes – or until the chia seeds have soaked up the liquid and the mixture has thickened up.
- Once removed from the ‘fridge, stir well to break up any chia seed clumps.
- Evenly distribute the pudding between 4 serving glasses and top with the set-aside mango cubes.
- Refrigerate overnight or until ready to serve.
- Add toppings, if using, and enjoy your Mango Chia Pudding!
Notes – Mango Chia Pudding
- Defrost frozen mango before using
- Use the milk of your choosing
- Keep refrigerated in a well-sealed container for up to 3 days
- Substitute the maple syrup with the sweetener of your choice, like honey, monk fruit, or agave nectar.