Lebanese Garlic Salmon + Brussels Sprouts are about to be your new go-to dinner fave! This recipe was shared by nutritionist Lauren Papanos with our home cooks in PPMA’s Cooking @Home Series presented last year and was quite a hit. In fact, the image here came from a home cook! Lebanese Garlic Salmon + Brussels Sprouts are fresh, delicious, and so heart-healthy – enjoy!
• Large skillet
• Air fryer or cookie sheet
• 2 large mixing bowls
• ½ lb. wild-caught salmon filet
• 1 bag whole Brussels sprouts
• 1 white onion
• 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
• ¼ cup avocado oil
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 6 cloves garlic
• Juice of ½ lemon
- Rinse salmon under running water.
- Add garlic cloves and salt to a food processor or blender. Blend until finely minced, pausing to scrape down the sides as needed.
- While continuing to blend, slowly drizzle in about half of the oil. Continue to process until the mixture becomes fluffy. Add one teaspoon of the lemon juice. Alternate between the oil and lemon juice until complete, allowing enough time for the oil to emulsify in between.
- Transfer salmon to a large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce mixture on top of the salmon. Mix thoroughly until evenly distributed.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp avocado oil.
- Add salmon to the skillet. Let cook 5-7 minutes on each side before flipping.
- While salmon is cooking, rinse and slice Brussels sprouts and onions. Transfer cut vegetables to a large mixing bowl and combine with garlic powder and sea salt. Transfer to an air fryer or to the oven on top of a cookie sheet at 400 degrees F.
- Let cook 10 minutes before tossing. Transfer back to the air fryer or oven and cook an additional 7-12 minutes.
- Remove salmon from the skillet, then vegetables. Serve & enjoy!
Private Physicians Medical Associates (PPMA) knows that healthy changes require healthy knowledge. In that light, we are pleased to share health news and information, including healthy recipes, with our patients and guests. We invite you to browse our blog.