Instant Pot Ginger Garlic Drumsticks are quick to make and a real crowd-pleaser, perfect for parties, picnics, tailgating, or just because!
The secret to a crispy chicken drumstick is to cook it with the skin, so when you broil them, the skin caramelizes beautifully without frying or overcooking the meat. In a way, this method is healthier, less messy, and quicker than the conventional ones. Check out this Instant Pot Ginger Garlic Drumsticks, approved by Certified Nutritionist & Lifestyle Educator Stephanie Lapinski.
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 19 mins
- Total time: 24 mins
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut amino acids (alternative to soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- In a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients: water, coconut amino acids, honey, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, and onion until combined
- Pour sauce in the instant pot
- Add chicken drumsticks and push them down so they are submerged in the sauce
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes (MANUAL 10 MINUTES)
- Let the drumsticks cool for 5 minutes before releasing the steam (Natural Pressure Release 5 min NPR).
- Release the steam and remove drumsticks.
- Broil if you want the skin cooked more. Broil each side in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Use leftover sauce to drizzle over the drumsticks.