Grilled corn with avocado crema will be your new favorite summer side. Fresh, crunchy & creamy, this is one delicious dish. Your BBQ guests will beg for the recipe and you’re sure to get repeat invitations to summer events. Staying home? No problem – grilled corn with avocado crema is perfect for Taco Night (or any night, really).
Grab some fresh corn and ripe avocado and in 20 minutes, you’ll have summertime dancing on your tastebuds!
Grilled Corn with Avocado Crema
- Serves: 8
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 7 – 10 minutes
- Total time: 17 – 20 minutes
- 1 ripe, avocado, seeded and peeled
- ½ cup crema (or sour cream)
- ¼ cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ tsp. fine grain sea salt
- 8 ears of fresh corn – husks, and silk removed
- Lime wedges
- Chopped cilantro to garnish
- In a blender or food processor, combine the avocado, crema, cilantro, lime juice, and sea salt. Puree until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides of the blending container with a spatula, as needed. Transfer the crema to a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the corn to the pot. Once the water returns to a boil, cook the corn for 5 minutes.
- Remove the corn from the pot and shake off excess water. Place the corn on a grill over direct heat, turning the corn every minute or so, cooking just long enough to char slightly. Remove the corn from the grill and cool slightly.
- Serve the corn with avocado crema, lime wedges, and cilantro, and enjoy!