Coconut Cod Siete Tacos offer a healthier version of tacos, with a fresh, delicious flavor, plus so much healthy goodness! In just 35 minutes, you and your family will be sitting down to a flavor fiesta!
Time: 35 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 cod fillets (cut into small pieces)
- 8 Siete Cassava Tortillas (https://sietefoods.com/collections/tortillas)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (sliced thinly)
- 1/4 cup watermelon radish (thinly sliced)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1/4 cilantro (optional, roughly chopped)
- 1 avocado (cubed)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (191ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg in a bowl. Then in a separate bowl, mix together the unsweetened shredded coconut, coconut flour, paprika, and sea salt.
- Dip each piece of cod into the egg mixture and then into the flour mixture, making sure to coat all sides of the fish. Transfer the cod onto the baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes then flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the cod from the oven and divide between tortillas. Top with sliced bell pepper, radish, lime juice, cilantro (optional), and avocado. Enjoy!
- Leftovers: Store leftover ﬁsh in the fridge separate from the veggies. Reheat the ﬁsh in the oven for a few minutes to warm before assembling tacos.
- Serving size: One serving is equal to two tacos.
- Fillet size: One ﬁllet is equal to 231 grams or 8 ounces.
- No tortillas: Use lettuce as a wrap.
- No watermelon radish: Omit or use regular radish.
- Likes it spicy: Add hot sauce or cayenne pepper to the assembled tacos.
- Likes it saucy: Drizzle the assembled tacos with mayonnaise or sour cream.
Enjoy your Coconut Cod Siete Tacos!
PPMA is delighted to provide nutritious, delicious recipes for our patients and guests.