Eating a salad provides many health benefits to your diet. Load them up with veggies for extra fiber and crunch calories! Check out this delicious Cobb salad recipe below!
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup trimmed watercress
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges (about 1 pound)
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, each cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1/4 cup (1 1/2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- To prepare dressing, place first 11 ingredients in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Chill.
- To prepare salad, combine lettuce and watercress in a large bowl. Place 2 cups lettuce mixture on each of 4 plates. Arrange 6 tablespoons chicken, 4 tomato wedges, 2 egg wedges, 2 tablespoons avocado, and 1 tablespoon cheese over each serving. Serve each salad with 1/4 cup dressing.