Basil Chicken with Kumquats is a delicious recipe requiring only one pan. This one-pan dish becomes an easy meal that’s bursting with flavor. Red onions and sliced kumquats become deliciously sweet when roasted, and roasted basil chicken is tender and flavorful. Try this recipe for a fabulous meal!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Total time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 3-4 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup kumquats sliced
- 1 red onion sliced into wedges
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Optional: fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken thighs, sliced kumquats, and red onion in a cast iron or oven-safe dish and drizzle with olive oil. Use your fingers to ensure everything is coated in oil, including both sides of the chicken; then place the kumquats and red onion around the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the dried basil, salt, and pepper. Cook for 40-50 minutes or until cooked through.
- If you’d like the top of the chicken more golden, turn the top oven broiler on for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Kumquats are packed with fiber, potassium, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin C, and beneficial fats, which your body will appreciate. They are also made up of a wide variety of essential oils, including limonene, alpha-pinene, monoterpenes, and many others. Kumquat season is winter to late spring.
Learn more about kumquats here.
Private Physicians Medical Associates (PPMA) knows that healthy changes require healthy knowledge. In that light, we are pleased to share health news and information, including healthy recipes, with our patients and guests. We invite you to browse our blog.