Here’s your new favorite salad: Spring Asparagus & White Bean Salad! So fresh, simple to make, and SO delicious to eat! It’s packed with nutrients and flavor. Give it a try and let us know how you like it!
Spring Asparagus & White Bean Salad
Makes 4 servings (One serving is 1 cup)
3 cups asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1½ lb)
1½ cups canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
5 thinly sliced radishes
½ cup (2 oz) crumbled feta or goat cheese
1 medium shallot, peeled and minced
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
- Steam asparagus, covered, 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Rinse asparagus with cold water and drain.
- Gently combine asparagus, beans, radishes, feta, shallot, and fresh mint in a serving bowl.
- Make the dressing by combining lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over asparagus mixture and toss gently to coat.
Private Physicians Medical Associates (PPMA) knows that healthy changes require healthy knowledge. In that light, we are pleased to share health news and information, including healthy recipes, with our patients and guests. We invite you to browse our blog.