Simple to make, only 2 ingredients, and sugar-free!
Pineapple sorbet is refreshing and delicious. There’s no need for an ice cream maker – just a sturdy blender or food processor. With this simple 2-ingredient recipe, you can keep yourself, your family, and guests in sorbet heaven all summer long!
- 4-1/2 cups fresh, ripe pineapple, cubed (1 large pineapple or frozen pineapple)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
Preparation – freezing the pineapple
If you choose to use fresh pineapple rather than already frozen, follow these directions to freeze your pineapple no less than 4 hours before you plan to prepare the sorbet. Freezing overnight is recommended for the best pineapple sorbet.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut the pineapple into cubes
- place the cubed pineapple on the baking sheet and make sure you leave enough space between the cubes – the pineapple cubes shouldn’t be touching, otherwise, you’ll end up with a giant glob of frozen pineapple
- freeze overnight or for at least 3-4 hours.
- Place the frozen pineapple into your heavy-duty blender or food processor
- Pulse until the pineapple becomes crumbly
- Add fresh lime juice and pulse again
- Serve pineapple sorbet immediately.
- For firmer sorbet, transfer it to the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour before serving. This will help if you accidentally turn it into slush.
- To speed up the process, add a little warm water, but be sure to only loosen. Be sure not to over-wet and create slush.
- If you do not plan to serve sorbet immediately, store it in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.