Spinach & Sweet Potato Egg Muffins are a fantastic way to start your day – prepare a batch, eat a few, and store the rest for a grab-n-go breakfast for the week! Nutritious, delicious, and perfect to go.
● (1) muffin pan
● (1) large skillet
● (1) large mixing bowl
● 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
● 1 Sweet Potato (small, peeled and chopped into cubes)
● 4 cups Baby Spinach or Lacinato Kale
● 8 Eggs
● 2 tbsps Water
● 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
● 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
● 2 Chicken Sausage Links, diced
● ½ White Onion, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin pan with non-stick avocado
- Wash sweet potatoes and scrub under running water. Chop into cubes. Dice onions.
- Dice chicken sausage.
- In a large skillet, heat avocado oil over medium heat. Saute the sweet potatoes, onions, and chicken sausage until lightly browned. Once lightly browned, add spinach/kale and
cook until wilted and tender.
- Divide sweet potatoes, sausage, onions, and spinach into the muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs until well scrambled. Whisk in water, salt & pepper.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the muffin cups to cover the ingredients. Fill about 85% of the way full.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes or just until the egg is cooked through and no longer liquid on top. Remove from the oven, let cool and enjoy!
Let the muffins cool completely, then place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.