Salmon provides important amounts of the antioxidant amino acid taurine. Salmon is an excellent source of vitamin B12, vitamin D, andselenium. It is a good source of niacin, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, phosphorus, and vitamin B6.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 12 oz salmon fillet
- 1/2 each of a red, green yellow, and orange bell pepper
- 1/4 large red onion
- olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon
- Cut the salmon into 1 1/2 inch chunks. You are going to need approximately 12 pieces.
- Cut the peppers into 1 1/2 inch square pieces
- Cut the red onion into similar sized chunks and separate the layers.
- Thread your skewers alternately with the onions and peppers, and then the salmon. Leave some room at the base so you can handle them easily.
- Brush the skewers liberally on both sides with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Cook on a hot grill, turning once, until the fish is cooked through and the veggies are softened a bit. Don’t overcook!
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon.